It’s mid-June. What are you looking forward to? The answer should be obvious. Let’s shout it out loud in our best James Franco voices: summer holidayzzz! Planning to go around the world in 80 days, but ending up like The Inbetweeners. Wanting to sleep until noon, but being woken up at 6 by the sun shining right in your face. Forgetting the bikini body bullshit and becoming an amateur ice-cream tester. Looking out for the next song of the summer and hoping it’s better than Call Me Maybe.
Irony aside, the upcoming vacation is the no. 1 thing to be excited about right now. Want some more? Here you go!
3. A book of Karl Lagerfeld’s best quotes is out this September. Expect to be offended – but also laughing out loud.
4. Remember Tom Odell and his debut album? Get your Kleenex ready!
6. If you prefer your dresses neat, not meat, wait until December, when Grace of Monaco will have its premiere. The 50s will be back – again.
7. And speaking of fashion: V&A’s Club to Catwalk exhibition opens on July 10! Wear your best day-to-night dress, because the plan is museum to club!
9. And in November they’re putting on show the wardrobe of Isabella Blow! Prepare to have your mind blown.
10. By the way, 2014 looks no less exciting exhibition-wise. In The Barbican you’ll be able to see the amazing creations of Jean Paul Gaultier! Thank God for art galleries.
11. And after an enlightening gallery visit, it’s time for some quality literature. How about… a new Bridget Jones book? Yup! Mad About the Boy is out October 10, and a film is sure to follow.
12. What could possibly be more exciting than Bridget’s new mishaps? Only a sequel of The Devil Wears Prada. And it’s happening! On June 20, head to Waterstones for your essential beach reading, Revenge Wears Prada.
13. And four days later, don’t forget to visit Coverrated for a review of just that.
What else are you currently waiting for? Let me know!